Do you think I’m getting mad over BB creams then hold on, there are lots more BB cream reviews coming up on BML. This is just a tiny trailer and I have a whole BB cream movie to show you all :P Well, this Superdug BB cream is not for you people residing in India because you can’t get it here, unfortunately, I know that’s sad but it’s for those who can get hold of this BB cream. So let’s move on to the review..
Superdrug BB Cream 5-in-1 Skin Perfecting Day Cream
• Conceals imperfections and enhances skin tone
• 24 hour hydration
• Antioxidant protection
• UVA / UVB filters
• SPF 15
What is BB Cream?
BB or Blemish Balm is the ultimate all-in-one cream, combining a moisturiser, a primer, a concealer and a foundation to create a naturally flawless-looking complexion in an instant.
Scientifically formulated with a unique combination of skin nourishing ingredients and mineral pigments. Superdrug BB Cream imparts a light, creamy coverage which effectively conceals imperfections, boosts radiance and smoothes the complexion. With SPF 15, it helps to protect against sun damage and premature skin ageing whilst also providing 24-hour hydration.
- Dermatologically approved.
- BUAV approved.
- Paraben free.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Superdrug is against animal testing.
Price: £8.99 (equal to 930 INR)
Shades Available: Light and Medium (very limited)
Apply daily to the face and blend in a downwards and upwards motion with your fingers until fully absorbed. It can be worn alone, with or without a moisturiser and as a primer under foundation.
- Vitamin C – a potent antioxidant.
- Hyaluronic Acid – an exceptional moisturiser.
- Caffeine – refreshes the complexion.
My Experience with Superdrug BB Cream 5-in-1 Skin Perfecting Day Cream:
Superdrug BB cream comes in a cute little white opaque tube with pink graphics. The tube is very convenient to use and is travel friendly too as it doesn’t reserve much space in the makeup bag.
The texture of this BB cream is soft and smooth and it spreads and blends very easily. Though it makes my dry skin soft and does not accentuate the dryness but I still feel you will need a moisturizer underneath it if you are planning to wear it all day and if your skin tends to get dry at the end of the day or in the middle of the day though it would be a great option for oily skin types as it gives almost a matte dewy look. It comes with SPF 15 which is not much and I need to wear a sunscreen if I’m wearing this BB cream as I can’t rely on SPF 15 for protection against harmful UV rays.
The shade with me is medium which is way too dark for my skin tone and it’s not at all a good match for me and it would more suit girls around NC40-45 or probably medium or dusky skin tone beauties. Even though the shade is dark for me but I feel it brightens the complexion and gives a nice glow. It does not at all feel heavy or cakey and feels very natural on skin and does not even clog pores.
The coverage it gives is sheer or slightly more than sheer but it can’t be said medium and I definitely need concealer with this to hide my dark circles and marks. The shade selection is very limited with Superdrug BB cream and the shades that are available will not suit pale skin tones though it makes a great match for dusky or medium skin tones. The claims made by it of 24 hour hydration and conceales imperfection are all false and I don’t think it really keeps the skin moisturized for full 24 hour or even for 12 hours or even 6 hours as it gives a matte finish and is basically for girls with oily skin tones though dry skinned beauties can try it as well but you will need a moisturizer underneath it. It didn’t broke me out and nor did it clogged my pores. I think this BB cream is great for people with oily skin types.
Pros of Superdrug BB Cream 5-in-1 Skin Perfecting Day Cream:
- Very easy to blend.
- Doesn’t clog pores or breaks out.
- Moisturizes well but extra dry skin will still need a moisturizer if you don’t want your skin to get dry in the middle of the day.
- Perfect for oily skin types.
- Gives a nice glow.
- Not tested on animals.
- Paraben free.
- Does not feel heavy or cakey.
- Contains SPF 15
- Dermatologist approved.
- Will be great if used as a base under your heavy makeup.
Cons of Superdrug BB Cream 5-in-1 Skin Perfecting Day Cream:
- Gives sheer coverage, need to work up with a concealer to hide imperfections.
- Not available in India, the biggest con.
- Very limited shades available (only two), this one was not my match.
- 24 hour hydration and conceals imperfection claims are false. Doesn’t keep skin moisturized for this amount of time or even for 5-6 hours.
- SPF 15 is very less, you will need a sunscreen to wear underneath it.
BML Rating: 3.5/5