I know I’m being MIA nowadays but there’s some personal issues going on with my life due to which I won’t be blogging regularly, hope everything will sort out soon! Coming to the review, today I would be reviewing Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 13 which is a pretty peachy brownish shade. I took almost 300 pics of my lip swatches, I’m like one of those persons who can go on taking uncountable clicks and come up with only one or two good pic, ya that’s kind of me. Surprisingly the last swatch pic which I clicked in hurry and all tired seemed good to me, look how things happen with me! Hope you’ll enjoy my lip swatches!!
A trio of Concentrates:
1. Potent Color Extracts: Pure saturated color pigments that provide deep, intense color like a lipstick.
2. Concentrated Liquid Balm: Moisturizing liquid conditioning balm gets the lips ready for intensely rich color. Gives a soft cushiony feel and care to the lips.
3. Glossy Shine Serum: Built-in glossy top-coat, that makes lips look fuller and more luscious.
Specially designed leaf-shaped applicator which makes application quick and precise.
Price: 450 INR for 5ml
Apply lip color with applicator wand starting in the center of your upper lip. Work from the center to the outer edges of your lip, following the contours of your mouth. Then glide across the entire bottom lip.
My Take on Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 13:
You must be wondering why I named it my first lip gloss love, the reason is you must be knowing that I was never a lip gloss person and hated the feeling of a gloss on my lips firstly because I have a very plumped pout and lip gloss kind of makes my lips umm don’t know what to say but I don’t like lip gloss on my lips and secondly the sticky texture of a lip gloss, argg it feels sticky I mean yucky. So I was not planning to buy this lip polish and I told this to my friend Sushmita as well but then my mind changed and I thought I should at least try one shade from this range and I’m glad I made up my mind, I bought it but didn’t use it for like 5-6 days then I thought to review it and the day I used it, I just fell in love with it, super creamy texture, doesn’t bleed and non sticky plus looked amazing on me. I absolutely love this lip polish and now I’m planning to get even more shades from this range.
Packaging: The packaging is too cute! It comes in a small plastic rectangular tube which is transparent and a metallic silver cap. Inside is a doe foot applicator which is slightly bent which makes it super easy to apply the gloss. The packaging is amazing and is very convenient to use.
Texture: The texture is super creamy and it feels a bit heavy but absolutely non sticky. It smoothes out the lips and provides them ample hydration as well. Its texture is what I fell in love with it. The only reason I don’t like lip glosses is they always feel sticky and kinds of bleed but this was my first lip gloss love and I think I must use some lip glosses from now on. But can’t say whether I’ll love other lip gloss formulas as well as how much I liked this. This was my first love in lip gloss and maybe last until I find something better than this.
Pigmentation: This particular shade is amazingly pigmented. I just swipe the wand once over my lips and it shows amazing color and hides pigmented lips so well though I don’t have pigmented lips but it’s not at all like a sheer lip gloss that does not show off any color at all. It is well pigmented according to me and makes a perfect daily wear shade.
Shade: Glam 13 is a pretty peachy brown-pink shade. It has slight shimmer which does not look odd or too chamak dhamak and just adds extra oomph to the shade. This is my first lip gloss love and first thing I liked with shimmers, I absolutely hate shimmers in a product be it blush or a lipstick. Glam 13 looks amazing on me, suits my complexion a lot and I think this shade will suit every skin tones be it dusky, medium or fair skin tone. This shade is quite adaptable and can be worn by all skin tones. It immediately perks up my complexion and make me look fresh!
Staying Power: I feel it has amazing staying power. I applied it the first day and it stayed on for like full 4 hours though I didn’t do any activity with my lips like drinking or eating but if I’m eating or drinking with this applied, it stays fairly for 3 hours which is again amazing. It transfers a bit but not extra like the whole color is on your cup when you drink something only a bit which does not even makes the gloss disappear.
Pros of Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 13:
- Super hydrating and smooths out the lips.
- Creamy glossy texture and is absolutely non sticky.
- Amazing color pay off, gives a true peachy brown color on a single swipe.
- Wide shade selection.
- Cute and sturdy packaging with a bent applicator wand which is soft and spongy and makes application super easy.
- This shade perks up my complexion and will suit almost all skin tones.
- True to its claims, it’s a lip balm, lip gloss and a lipstick as well, 3 in one product. Smooths out the lips like a balm, gives a glossy finish like a lip gloss and amazing pigmentation like a lipstick.
- Quite affordable for such a good quality, you shouldn’t mind spending this amount on this amazing product.
- Has slight shimmers which do not look too shimmery (like chamak dhamak) and adds the oomph to the shade though I’m so much against shimmers in a lipstick and blush and this would be my first product I liked with shimmers!
Cons of Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 13:
- Transfers a bit though does not take the full color off or even half of it.
BML Rating: 4.5/5
Are you still missing on these lip polish then you are missing a lot! You should try one shade that you most like and you’ll be in love with this 3 in 1 lip polish (lip balm, lip gloss and a lipstick).