Grey hair occurs when the hair stops producing melanin, melanin is the pigment that gives hair its color. Researchers have found that naturally occurring Hydrogen Peroxide in the environment can also build up in the hair making them turn grey. Here are some home remedies to cure grey hair!
- Lack of nutrition.
- Stress, anxiety and tension.
- Excessive intake of tea, coffee and alcohol.
- Excessive intake of sour and acidic foods.
- Bad dietary habits.
- Excessive use of blow dryer and hot water.
- Regular use of hair dye.
- Not oiling hair regularly.
- Deficiency of some nutritional elements like zinc, iron, vitamin B etc.
Home Remedies To Cure Grey Hair
1. Mix heena with tea water and apply it once a week on your hair. This will prevent greying of hair and will bring shine to the hair.
2. Massage your hair with any oil of your choice, then wash them with a mixture of 2 tsp shikakai powder, 1/2 tsp reetha and 1/2 tsp amla powder. Soak all these three ingredients in water and thein use this mixture as a shampoo to wash your hair.
3. Warm amla powder in an iron wok, mix castor oil in it and let it boil for 3-5 minutes. Leave this mixture in the iron wok overnight and apply it to hair for a good amount of time or leave it overnight covering your hair with a shower cap. Do this 10-12 times and see the results yourself!
4. Massage the roots of your hair with coconut oil/almond oil and lemon. Doing this will prevent the hair from turning grey!
5. Boil curry leaves in coconut oil till the oil turns half, let it cool down – strain the oil and put this oil in a bottle. Massage your hair with this oil once or twice a week. This hair oil works excellent in treating hair fall and grey hair!
6. Massage your scalp and hair with fresh cow butter twice a week to cure grey hair.
7. Mix curd and black pepper – grind the black pepper to make a fine powder for an ease of application. This mask will help in making hair black and also works great as a conditioner!
8. Make a paste of fresh amla, either mix the paste in curd or apply it as it is on the scalp, keep it for 15-20 minutes and wash the hair with normal water.
9. Add sage and rosemary leaves to boiling water. Let the mixture cool and rinse your hair with the drained water. This will turn your grey hair to black.
10. Wash your hair with a shampoo and conditioner that is mild, gentle preferably without any harsh chemicals like sodium lauryl sulphate and parabens.
11. Use onion juice on your scalp, onion juice has been used for centuries as a topical treatment for grey hair, it also help in reducing hair fall.
Now this tip is from my personal experience – I used to notice grey hair popping out of my head every now and then and I used to use Heena on my hair to hide all the greys but the Heena made my hair very dry and rough, I started looking out for options in Ayurveda or something that could cure the grey hair completely, I then came across someone recommending amla and aloe vera juice to be consumed every morning on an empty stomach, I started having this conconation daily and within one month – I could notice all my hair turning back to its natural color and touchwood, I now have just 2-3 grey hair which are not even visible. This one is from my experience, you should try to include this healthy habit in your daily routine and see the changes yourself. Lastly, I’d say drink plenty of water and eat a balanced diet rich in vitamins like vitamin A, B & E and minerals like zinc, iron, etc.
Image Source: 1